www.drugtreatmentcentersrahway.com offers a free advisory service to help you or your loved one struggling with addiction and may receive compensation from Featured or Sponsored listings.
Recovery Programs in Rahway NJ (732) 455-1391
Recovery programs are courses of treatment that bring the patient into a state of mindfulness regarding their addiction and help them to realize what effect substance abuse and addiction has had on their physical health, mental function, and emotional well-being. Recovery programs based on a 12-step approach feature elements of reconciling past behavior and errors in judgment, making amends to people that the addict has wronged, and help to form a new path that includes life-long recovery.
Recovery programs conduct individual and group counseling sessions in addition to psychotherapeutic treatment. AA and NA 12-step meetings are also available that are a great source of community interaction where the addict can vent, listen to others, come to an understanding that they are not alone in their addiction, and continually reinforce their intention to remain clean and sober.
For more information on recovery programs, contact Drug Treatment Centers Rahway at (732) 455-1391.
Addiction Treatment Therapy Models
Recovery programs typically follow behavioral therapeutic models, such as:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy -Therapy model that reinforces the need for a change in thought patterns in order to overcome base influences. Cognitive therapies help to manage negative thought processes, and effectively negate stressors and triggers. Cognitive errors in thought include: Blaming others, over-generalizing and minimizing situations and behaviors, and negative self-talk.
- Motivational Interviewing Therapy – A humanistic approach to behavior, motivational interviewing is conducted through informal talk sessions where the therapist guides the addict by asking questions that allow the patient to examine their behaviors and explore why they lack the desire to change.
Supplemental Treatment Options
- Individual Counseling – Psychotherapeutic sessions that are held on an individual basis with a therapist. Individual therapy allows the patient to delve into deeper personal issues. The privacy of a one-on-one session encourages the patient to discuss past experiences, fear, and anxieties that they may not talk about in a group setting. Dual diagnosis components, if relevant, are addressed in individual sessions. Relapse prevention, stress, and personal triggers are discussed.
- Group Meetings – This is a form of psychosocial treatment where a group of recovering addicts are lead in conversations to share experiences, discuss recovery issues, end support to one another. A therapist leads the sessions. Group meetings help to build a sense of community that becomes a great resource for the recovering addict.
- Moral Recognition Therapy (MRT) – Moral Recognition Therapy is a SAMHSA (substance abuse and mental health services administration) evidence-based program. This is a cognitive-behavioral program that helps to focus the patient on why they resist change, and helps to instill a new sense of values-based perception with regard to their personal needs and their relationships with others.
Principles of Effective Treatment
The validity of a drug treatment program is underscored by its ability to treat the patient as a whole, and in how well the program prepares them for continuing recovery efforts that will be an essential part of their sobriety outside of the protected environment of the treatment facility.
Principles of effective treatment include:
- Treatment should be available to all.
- Continuing treatment is essential.
- Individual needs vary.
- There may be an underlying mental disorder.
- Behavioral therapy types are conducive to positive recovery outcomes.
- Patients should be re-assessed throughout recovery.
- Treatment must include relapse prevention.
- Aftercare services must be a part of the recovery program.
If you, or someone you know, needs help or information please call Drug Treatment Centers Rahway at (732) 455-1391. We can help.
Most Major Insurances Accepted
We make the insurance verification process easy so you can begin the journey to recovery quickly and safe. 100% Confidential